Open Gate is a registered charity providing mentoring and befriending support to women offenders leaving HMP & YOI Low Newton, Durham, and who are returning to the North East of England.
The project aims to aid resettlement and help reduce the risks of re-offending, encouraging women towards a new life free from crime.
Open Gate supports clients in the following:
· mentoring support before and after release from prison
· raising self esteem, confidence and motivation
· maintaining positive relationships
· accessing housing support and setting up home
· accessing support for substance misuse
· accessing education and employment
· accessing benefits and financial support
· promoting physical, mental and emotional health
· encouraging community integration
· reducing the risk of re-offending
Working in partnership with